Subject: ipaq 3765
To: None <port-hpcarm@NetBSD.org>
From: Long Chow <long_chow@yahoo.com>
List: port-hpcarm
Date: 02/20/2004 12:55:35
Does ipaq 3850 have a SD slot?
My ipaq 3765 is augmented with a dual PCMCIA slots expansion pack.

I successfully booted netbsd 1.6.1 on my ipaq 3765
with memory disk root file system which is only 2160 blocks
(512 bytes/block) and hence I could only run /bin/sh
and no room to house other commands.
I had to compile the kernel with:
  MEMORY_DISK_HOOKS
  MEMORY_DISK_ROOT_SIZE=2160
and used makefs and mdsetimage to stuff the memory disk root
file system into the kernel.

As for compact flash root file system, I failed with:

wdc0:0:0: not ready, st=0x00, err=0x00
wd0d: device timeout reading fsbn 0 (wd0 bn 0; cn 0 tn 0 sn 0), retrying
ipaqpcic0: removal event

Suggestions?
The boot up does recognize my 256MB Sandisk:

ipaqpcic0: card present
wdc0 at pcmcia0 function 0
wd0 at wdc0 channel 0 drive 0: <SanDisk SDCFH-256>
wd0: drive supports 1-sector PIO transfers, LBA addressing
wd0: 245 MB, 980 cyl, 16 head, 32 sec, 512 bytes/sect x 501760 sectors
wd0: drive supports PIO mode 4
ipaqpcic0: card present

thanks,
  Long