Subject: Re: hpcboot.exe hangs on Jornada 720
To: None <jmitchel@rosstechnologygroup.com>
From: Hernani Marques Madeira <hernani@tuners.ch>
List: port-hpcarm
Date: 01/18/2004 01:00:43
> Sorry for the blank message earlier.

No problem!

> If you look at
> ftp://www.rtgx.com/pub/hpcarm-dist there is at least a copy of hpcarm.exe
> that works. You could also take a look at the distribution in case you need
> to reinstall anything.

Yeah, now it rocks, thanks a lot!

Of course it runs NetBSD!

I think that it has depence on the Windows CE 3.0 configuration data...
Can that be?

Because I tried your hpcboot.exe and hpcboot.cnf and with my kernel it still
didn't work. But then after booting with JINSTALL.GZ (present on that ftp
server) I saw netbsd booting up and then sysinst (what a moment :). And then
I tried again: I invoked hpcboot.exe with the same configuration, only
changing JINSTALL.GZ to the kernel I compiled, and yeah, it worked!

Now I've overwritten your hpcboot.exe with the previous one, killed the
configuration (hpcboot.cnf) and tried the kernel I compiled and that
also works, surprisedely...

So I think that getting (howsoever) JINSTALL.GZ executed the old windows ce
configuration data has been killed and now it works without any problem,
strange.

Hmm, however, thanks again!!!