Subject: Re: how to configure a network card?
To: Steve Clement <steve@ion.lu>
From: Jachym Holecek <freza@psi.cz>
List: port-hpcarm
Date: 11/24/2003 13:45:28
Hello,

> > How to configure a network card under NetBSD? Under Linux, I just modprobe the
> > module, I would like to configure the Zonet ZEN1100.

Are you sure this card is supported by NetBSD? Which module do
you use on Linux?

> Modules are an option too but I tend to compile the needed things into
> my kernel (which isn't optimal on embedded systems but hey :) )

It happens to be a good choice for embedded systems ;-). This way,
you have all drivers in a single compressed image stored in flash, thus
you don't waste space on / filesystem (which may happen to be mfs).
LKMs would make sense if you have relatively large storage (such as CF)
which may or may not be the case on your embedded platform.

	Regards,
		-- Jachym Holecek