Subject: Re: Jornada 728 Keymap Issues
To: None <uwe@ptc.spbu.ru>
From: Brad Spencer <brad@anduin.eldar.org>
List: port-hpcarm
Date: 09/15/2003 11:20:33
   On Thu, Sep 11, 2003 at 09:20:37 -0700, Bryan Vyhmeister wrote:

   > > In sys/arch/hpcarm/dev/j720ssp.c:j720kbd_poll() add a debug printf
   > > before passing 'value' to wskbd_input (doing this only for type ==
   > > WSCONS_EVENT_KEY_DOWN should be enough).  You probably want to
   > > conditionalize that on a volatile int variable that you can frob from
   > > ddb.
   > >
   > > Press all keys, noting the values and compare that with
   > > sys/arch/hpcarm/dev/j720kbdmap.c.
   >
   > This sounds great but I have no idea how to do it. I am not sure how
   > to add a debug printf. I am not even sure exactly what a volatile
   > int variable is. I apologize for my ignorance on these subjects. If
   > a patch could be done to add this, I will make a correct keymap but
   > I am afraid I do not know how to add what you are referring to.
   >
   > > Fix what's wrong ;).
   >
   > That is my goal.

   Thanks to Bryan for doing the boring numbers thing and testing it.
   The patch is attached.

   BTW, does this help the X server?  I don't know if the hpcarm X server
   bases its keyboard layout on wscons keysyms or raw scancodes.

   SY, Uwe

If I recall everything correctly, by default, the X server tries to use
some odd raw keycode -> IBM clone translations.  The X server I built and
use all of the time uses wskbd and wsmouse, which seems much nicer.  The
defines are already there, they are just not enabled for hpc*arm* target.

--
Brad Spencer - brad@anduin.eldar.org -- KC8VKS
http://anduin.eldar.org  - & -  http://anduin.ipv6.eldar.org [IPv6 only]