Subject: Re: Jornada 728 Keymap Issues
To: Valeriy E. Ushakov <uwe@ptc.spbu.ru>
From: Bryan Vyhmeister <bsd@hub3.net>
List: port-hpcarm
Date: 09/11/2003 09:20:37
> In sys/arch/hpcarm/dev/j720ssp.c:j720kbd_poll() add a debug printf
> before passing 'value' to wskbd_input (doing this only for type ==
> WSCONS_EVENT_KEY_DOWN should be enough).  You probably want to
> conditionalize that on a volatile int variable that you can frob from
> ddb.
>
> Press all keys, noting the values and compare that with
> sys/arch/hpcarm/dev/j720kbdmap.c.

This sounds great but I have no idea how to do it. I am not sure how to add a
debug printf. I am not even sure exactly what a volatile int variable is. I
apologize for my ignorance on these subjects. If a patch could be done to add
this, I will make a correct keymap but I am afraid I do not know how to add what
you are referring to.

> Fix what's wrong ;).

That is my goal.

> You want to bind KS_Mode_switch as the primary keysym of the "Fn" or
> "AltGr" key and put the symbols accessible via Fn/AltGr to the 3rd
> column of symbols in the keydesc.
>
> E.g. for US/UK Jornada 680 the keydesc looks like this
> (sys/dev/hpc/hpckbdkeymap.h):
>
> /* US (ABA), UK (ABU) */
> static const keysym_t jornada6x0_us_keydesc[] = {
> /*  pos      normal          shifted        altgr */
>     KC(2),   KS_1,           KS_exclam,     KS_asciitilde,
>     KC(3),   KS_2,           KS_at,         KS_grave,
>     KC(4),   KS_3,           KS_numbersign, KS_sterling,
> #if 0 /* XXX: no keysym for Euro yet */
>     KC(5),   KS_4,           KS_dollar,     KS_euro,
> #endif
>     KC(25),  KS_p,           KS_P,          KS_braceleft,
>     KC(39),  KS_semicolon,   KS_colon,      KS_bracketleft,
>     KC(40),  KS_apostrophe,  KS_quotedbl,   KS_bracketright,
>     KC(43),  KS_backslash,   KS_bar,        KS_braceright,
>     KC(184), KS_Mode_switch, KS_Multi_key,
> };
>

> This might be tedious, but it's really simple.

I do not mind tedious at all. I am going to get this fixed! Thank you so much
for your help.

Bryan