Subject: Re: Jornada 728 Keymap Issues
To: None <port-hpcarm@netbsd.org>
From: Valeriy E. Ushakov <uwe@ptc.spbu.ru>
List: port-hpcarm
Date: 09/11/2003 11:25:28
Bryan Vyhmeister <bsd@hub3.net> wrote:

> I have been looking around for a keymap that enable keys like [ ] { }
> and others using the fn key. I am using a Jornada 728 booted using the
> Jornada 720 (Japanese) option in hpcboot. I would love to be able to do
> some C programming and such but the lack of { } makes it very difficult.
> Any suggestions? I have been searching the archives but I have not come
> up with very much.

I don't have 7x0, however I did some keymap work for (hpcsh) 680
(US/UK, EU, DE, FR maps).

In sys/arch/hpcarm/dev/j720ssp.c:j720kbd_poll() add a debug printf
before passing 'value' to wskbd_input (doing this only for type ==
WSCONS_EVENT_KEY_DOWN should be enough).  You probably want to
conditionalize that on a volatile int variable that you can frob from
ddb.

Press all keys, noting the values and compare that with
sys/arch/hpcarm/dev/j720kbdmap.c.

Fix what's wrong ;).

You want to bind KS_Mode_switch as the primary keysym of the "Fn" or
"AltGr" key and put the symbols accessible via Fn/AltGr to the 3rd
column of symbols in the keydesc.

E.g. for US/UK Jornada 680 the keydesc looks like this
(sys/dev/hpc/hpckbdkeymap.h):

/* US (ABA), UK (ABU) */
static const keysym_t jornada6x0_us_keydesc[] = {
/*  pos      normal          shifted        altgr	*/
    KC(2),   KS_1,           KS_exclam,     KS_asciitilde,
    KC(3),   KS_2,           KS_at,         KS_grave,
    KC(4),   KS_3,           KS_numbersign, KS_sterling,
#if 0 /* XXX: no keysym for Euro yet */
    KC(5),   KS_4,           KS_dollar,     KS_euro,
#endif
    KC(25),  KS_p,           KS_P,          KS_braceleft,
    KC(39),  KS_semicolon,   KS_colon,      KS_bracketleft,
    KC(40),  KS_apostrophe,  KS_quotedbl,   KS_bracketright,
    KC(43),  KS_backslash,   KS_bar,        KS_braceright,
    KC(184), KS_Mode_switch, KS_Multi_key,
};

This might be tedious, but it's really simple.

PS: I have a collection of 680 keyboard layouts pictures at
http://snark.ptc.spbu.ru/~uwe/netbsd/jornada/keyboard.html
I gather 720 series used the same layouts, right?

SY, Uwe