Subject: Re: Buying a Jornada for NetBSD
To: Michael Lucas <mwlucas@blackhelicopters.org>
From: None <duck@sophos.com>
List: port-hpcarm
Date: 01/27/2003 22:02:54
Aren't there some earlier posts describing how to make the IBM CF hard
disk fit into the CF slot of the Jornada? I seem to remember it can easily
be made to work with either [a] a file and a bit of patience or [b] a nano
angle grinder, such as a Dremel Whatevertheycallthem.

I'd much prefer a 1GB hard disk to a 512MB CF, but that's just greed.

If you can do without the PCMCIA slot from time to time, I notice that
PCMCIA hard disks have passed the "consumer threshold" from 2GB to 5GB,
leaving items like the Kingston 2GB PCMCIA cards quite impressively
priced.