Subject: Re: basic root fs.
To: None <port-hpcarm@netbsd.org>
From: Emmanuel Dreyfus <manu@netbsd.org>
List: port-hpcarm
Date: 11/28/2002 14:42:51
On 11/27/2002 14:39:41,  Jared Holzman <jholzman@iprimus.com.au> said:

> Does anyone have a base netbsd root fs for the Jornada 720 that they
> wouldn't mind putting on a webpage somewhere for me to download. I
> haven't used NetBSD before and have no idea what's needed in a rootfs.

Just pick up a snapshot of -curent:
ftp://releng.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD-daily/current/200211240000/hpcarm/
binary/sets/base.tgz will probably be your tarball of choice.

In order to boot to single user, I think you need at least:
/sbin/init
/bin/sh
/dev/console
/libexec/ld.elf_so
/lib/libc.so

But you will probably want a bit more than that :o)

> Also is there anyway to setup a CF card with a root fs without a CF card
> reader. (Some sort of partitioning program under wince for the jornada
> perhaps?)

I installed my Jornada by filling the CF from a laptop. I did not find any
correct tool for partitionning on winCE.

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
manu@netbsd.org