Subject: Re: Almost there with Jornada 720, help needed
To: Julian Coleman <jdc@coris.demon.co.uk>
From: Alistair Crooks <agc@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-hpcarm
Date: 11/25/2002 14:14:43
On Mon, Nov 25, 2002 at 10:49:04AM +0000, Julian Coleman wrote:
> > Yep, that was it. When I switched HPCBoot.exe to use "HP Jornada 720
> > (Japanese)" everything started working. Thanks!
>
> I guess that the JORNADA_720 entry in
>
> 	sys/arch/hpc/stand/hpcboot/machine_config.cpp
>
> needs the same framebuffer parameters as the JORNADA_720JP entry.  I'm not
> sure about the 820 entries nor what's needed for a 728.  I haven't been able
> to test this becuase it looks like MS embedded C++ is needed to compile the
> boot program.

The Jornada 728 works just fine with the 720 entry (I believe I bored
everyone silly with it last weekend), although the kernel only sees 32
MB of memory (the 728 has 64 MB).  I got as far as reading the hpcboot
sources, and seeing that winCE can only address 32MB of memory (I also
do not possess a M$ C++ compiler).

Regards,
Alistair