Subject: Re: APM and suspend mode
To: Brad Spencer <brad@anduin.eldar.org>
From: Emmanuel Dreyfus <manu@netbsd.org>
List: port-hpcarm
Date: 09/16/2002 05:33:45
> Neat....  On the Jornada, MS-WINDOWs CE reports the status of the backup
> battery.  Does that also show status like the main battery???

For now, I only have the main battery, not the backup battery
=20
> I thought that there were mutterings about a new power management
> infrastructure that was appearing some time soon.  I presume that the APM
> in the Jornada isn't the same sort that is in Intel i386+ based systems.

Today, the APM driver si implemented as completely machine dependent,
whereas all the interface between userland and kernel is indeed machine
independent. In order to implement it for hpcarm, I had to duplicate
some code which is already duplicated between i386 and macppc.

Therefore, this surely deserve a rewriting. I missed the discussion
about the new APM framework, where can I find it?

--=20
Emmanuel Dreyfus.                                        manu@netbsd.org
X Window, c'est un millefeuille avec une couche de cr=E8me patissi=E8re, un=
de ketchup, et une d'anchois. Faut aimer. Mais c'est vrai que c'est un=20
systeme ouvert: on peut ajouter des pepites de chocolat et des c=E2pres