Subject: Re: jornada 720: success
To: Steve Clement <steve@ion.lu>
From: Emmanuel Dreyfus <manu@netbsd.org>
List: port-hpcarm
Date: 07/15/2002 21:41:02
> Hurrray, so does that mean that the Frambuffer works well and the screen
> is working?

Yes, it boots using the screen/keyboard as the console: no need for the
serial console at all.

> Have you documented your install somewhere? A little doccu with a couple
> of pointers and gotchas would be nice, also config file indications=20
> would be cool...

Yes, I'll do this once I'll have figured out the missing bits:
- how to cross-build pkgsrc (or to find prebuilt packages)
- how to correctly map the alt-gr key. This is critical for a french
keyboard since for now, I cannot use these caracters: |<>[{}]#`@
It makes a UNIX system pretty useless.

Anyway, the little thing is extermely cool. It was building some
packages (I have a big enough compact flash to do this) in my bag when I
went back home.=20

More questions:=20

powersave mode seems to work: if I hit the power key and another key
(return for instance), the screen gets blank. If I hit power and another
key again, I get the display back. Is it really in power save mode (ie:
CPU power save)? Or is it just screen blanked and ports shut down? Do I
kill my battery when I leave it in power save mode for hours?

Is there a way to get the battery level yet?

When NetBSD reboots the machine, screen brightness is maximum. I have to
remove all the batteries (including the emergency battery) to restore
the normal settings. Is there a way to workaround this?

--=20
Emmanuel Dreyfus. =20
Vous avez deplac=E9 la souris.=20
Windows NT doit maintenant redemarrer pour valider les modifications.
manu@netbsd.org