Subject: jornada 720: success
To: None <port-hpcarm@netbsd.org>
From: Emmanuel Dreyfus <manu@netbsd.org>
List: port-hpcarm
Date: 07/14/2002 01:24:20
I finnally managed to install NetBSD-current on my jornada 720. For
future hpcarm users reference, I have to say that the easy way is to get
a compact flash to PCMCIA adapter and to install the system on the flash
from a NetBSD laptop (fdisk, disklabel, newfs, mount and install...).
The other way is NFS, but it is much harder, since you first need to
build a kernel that supports your network adapter.

With the new toolchain, it's easy to build the whole tree for hpcarm
from another NetBSD port. Still for future user reference, to build just
the kernel, one can do this:
cd /usr/src
./build.sh -m hpcarm -D /usr/local/hpcarm -t
cd /usr/src/sys/arch/hpcarm/conf
config JORNADA720
cd ../compile/JORNADA720
/usr/src/tools/obj/tools.NetBSD-1.5ZC-mipseb/bin/nbmake-hpcarm depend
/usr/src/tools/obj/tools.NetBSD-1.5ZC-mipseb/bin/nbmake-hpcarm

Et voila, you have your kernel.

One point: is there a reason why there is no phy at all in the kernel
config file? I has to add them in order to get my ethernet card working.
I can add it to the kernel config if there is no reason to not do it.

I am now working on a french keymap, but I have trouble with some key
that are not used on the US keymap. How to find the raw keycode for a
given key? Is ther a command for this?

--=20
Emmanuel Dreyfus.                                        manu@netbsd.org
X Window, c'est un millefeuille avec une couche de cr=E8me patissi=E8re, un=
de ketchup, et une d'anchois. Faut aimer. Mais c'est vrai que c'est un=20
systeme ouvert: on peut ajouter des pepites de chocolat et des c=E2pres