Subject: Re: cannot boot on jornada 720
To: None <manu@netbsd.org>
From: Robert Swindells <rjs@fdy2.demon.co.uk>
List: port-hpcarm
Date: 07/09/2002 01:09:28
> > > Does that means it is not possible to partition the flash into a ffs
> > > partition and a msdos partition?
> >     Seems to me that you could still partition things up. NetBSD would
> > just ignore the MSDOS partition and not allow you to mount it or what
> > not.

> How do you make partitions into the flash? From Wince? From NetBSD?

If you have a laptop, you could put the CF card into a PCMCIA slot using
a CF-PCMCIA adaptor.

Once you have a working ramdisk image, you would also need to compile
a native /sbin/fdisk yourself as it isn't currently built for arm32
ports.  It does work fine though, I have put a partition table onto a
CF card using it.

Robert Swindells