Subject: Re: [fare@tunes.org: Re: [jornada] Jornada 820]
To: None <jornada@handhelds.org, port-hpcarm@netbsd.org>
From: Francois-Rene Rideau <fare@tunes.org>
List: port-hpcarm
Date: 05/10/2002 00:01:24
Dear Jornada users,

I've tried to check whether hpcboot did run the kernel,
after uncompressing it, and it looks like either it doesn't,
or the kernel dies *very* early:
indeed, I added code so as to hang while doing silly things
on the framebuffer, and the framebuffer was still.

How far have you people been with linux or bsd on jornada 820?
Have you actually run code in the kernel?

I've put all the information I have, together with my caricature of skeleton
of 820 support on
	ftp://Samaris.tunes.org/jornada820/
but please don't download big files from there.

PS: I've tried to contact HP about getting specs for the 820,
but I don't think I'm going to even reach anyone proficient enough
to answer. On the other hand, Olev Gusev has provided me lots of
datasheets, so what would remain to do would be guess where devices
are mapped and how to tune them well.