Subject: Re: current jornada 720
To: None <duck@sophos.com>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-hpcarm
Date: 03/01/2002 16:14:49
On Wed, 27 Feb 2002 duck@sophos.com wrote:

: Do you still have to remove the battery when you are done? Or can you press
: the "off" button now?

You have to reset the unit in one way or another.  From my experience,
hitting the recessed reset button (the small hole above the "tab" key) works
fine, but the memory is still wiped, so you'll have to do the typical
calibration and so forth.

: I don't care if I have to recalibrate to go back into CE as that just acts
: as a discouragement to do so. But I'd like to be able to have the machine
: off for journies (e.g. on a plane) without hassle at the other endd. Can
: this be done?

Last I heard, there are power management issues still extant on
NetBSD/hpcarm; hitting "off" doesn't go into low-battery mode like it does
for wince.  I could be wrong about "newer" kernels though....

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>  *  Wasabi & NetBSD:  Run with it.
-- CDs, Integration, Embedding, Support -- http://www.wasabisystems.com/