Subject: Re: SA11x0 code copy
To: Robert Swindells <rjs@fdy2.demon.co.uk>
From: IWAMOTO Toshihiro <iwamoto@sat.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp>
List: port-hpcarm
Date: 07/10/2001 16:57:23
At Tue, 10 Jul 2001 00:07:50 +0100 (BST),
Robert Swindells wrote:
> I have copied a snapshot of the hpcarm/sa11x0 directory to arm/sa11x0, and
> added some conditional code to allow it to work without using the HPC
> platid code.

I don't like hpcarm ifdefs, but I think some of them are currently
inevitable to work with platid codes.

But I don't think hpcarm ifdefs which are used to
  a. conditionalize softintr calls in sa1111.c
  b. absorb interrupt code difference in sa11x0_irqhandler.c
are necessary.

The former should be changed to use ifdef __HAVE_GENERIC_SOFT_INTERRUPTS.
For the latter, I feel like to postpone the merge of
sa11x0_irqhandler.c, as it is not finished yet and I find difficulty
tweaking codes with those ifdefs.

--
IWAMOTO Toshihiro