Subject: Re: Status
To: Boris Kuschel <borisk@5nine.net>
From: Steve Clement <steve@aldigital.co.uk>
List: port-hpcarm
Date: 03/28/2001 14:50:25
Boris Kuschel wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am interested in this project because i abhore using Linux because of
> the "non-free"
> nature of the GPL license that most of it is based on and i think BSD
> (OS) is better in general.

Agreed.

> That being said i would like to help this project in some way but i need
> to understand at what
> stage it is at.

That is a very good question, I think it really is stuck at the stage it
is described on the homepage, I ve been a couple of months on this list
now and it is extremly low volume so I guess people are probably busy.

> I saw in the instruction that it currently boots from flash memory. This
> is so, i assume, because
> there is no bootloader made yet?

I tried to boot the BSD kernel with a tool called CyaCEarm but that
reset my Jornada720 and it came backup up in a very wierd mode where the
display was at 100% contrast and brightness, I then had to take out my
batteries and wait a couple of minutes and then it was fine again.

Also after that my restore of a previous backup failed cause HPBackup
got confused with the directory
/windows/profiles/guest/Temporaryinternetfile/ I think there was some
files which upset the backup program cause it came back with an error
message saying that a file was in used...

> Also.. how is the support for the frame buffer?

No idea...

chrs Steve

--
Steve                         Tel: +44 (020) 8742 5904
A.L. Digital Ltd.             Fax: +44 (020) 8742 5995