Port-hp700 archive

Re: can someone please test GDB 7.3.1 on -current?

On Mon, 31 Oct 2011 10:12:33 +1100
matthew green <mrg%eterna.com.au@localhost> wrote:

The folowing reply to this mail was caught by the spam filer. (I am the
list administrator.) So I send it again.

BTW: I tried to build -current for hp700 multiple times during the last
days and it fails in the same way (linking libhx509) for me too.

----
On Mon=2C 31 Oct 2011 at 10:12:33 +1100=2C matthew green wrote:
>> On Fri=2C 28 Oct 2011 at 17:36:26 +1100=2C matthew green wrote:
>> >to help the great effort of christos to get GDB updated=2C we need some=
one
>> >to test it on a hppa platform.
>>=20
>> >can someone please try a build.sh with "-V HAVE_GDB=3D7" and see if the
>> >GDB built with the system is capable of debugging stuff?=A0 anything is
>> >pretty decent.=A0 if you need more help=2C let me or christos know.
>>=20
>> Has anyone started on this?=A0 If not=2C I'll take it.
>
>not yet - martin was going to but he had a build issue=2C but i can't
>replicate it.=A0 -current hp700 build for me.
>=20
>if you could try that would be great.=A0 thanks!

I've tried to build seven times on two different machines=2C and it
fails for me every time=2C often in a different place=2C and with
different exact causes.=A0 Two times it caused the first machine to
hang hard (without a usable backtrace)=2C once because a .mk file was
corrupted during the process somehow=2C and four times because of
problems with object code that wasn't generated correctly.=A0 I've
included some samples below.

Both machines are running 5.1_STABLE/i386=2C but are of quite different
vintage and capabilities.=A0 Neither had any problem compiling
5.1_STABLE/i386 as a comparative test.=A0 I tried both without any -j
settings=2C in case that was contributing somehow=2C but that didn't
help. Both are able to make tools fine=2C and can build a GENERIC kernel
successfully afterward=2C but make distribution always fails.

If someone can make the appropriate binaries available to me=2C I can
test with them later this week=2C but otherwise=2C I'm stuck.

Dave
---

--

\end{Jochen}