Subject: Re: netboot.lif missing + netinstall experiance
To: None <port-hp700@netbsd.org>
From: Jochen Kunz <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
List: port-hp700
Date: 04/25/2007 08:24:15
On Tue, 24 Apr 2007 22:49:51 +0200
Rudi Ludwig <rudihl@gmx.de> wrote:

> Honestly I am not getting how the missing graphics makes the keyboard
> useless. If there is a short and simple answer, otherwise I'll just
> accept it.
The console code is split in two halfs: wscons(4) (including wskbd(4),
wsmouse(4) and wsdisplay(4)) on top and MD drivers like pckbd(4) below.
In addition there are low level drivers for initial console IO that are
used before wscons(4) and its associated low level drivers attach. After
wscons(4) is ready it takes console IO from that initial console driver.
wscons(4) does some (re) initialization of the keyboard (switches
scancodes, ...). If wskbd(4) attaches but not wsdisplay(4) all of this
gets messed up. In this case it leaves the keyboard with the wrong
scancode setting.
--=20

tsch=FC=DF,
       Jochen