Subject: Re: HP D330 Status Update
To: Christian Hattemer <c.hattemer@arcor.de>
From: David W. Rankin Jr. <drankin@bohemians.lexington.ky.us>
List: port-hp700
Date: 06/29/2005 09:06:18
On Tue, Jun 28, 2005 at 10:45:02PM +0200, Christian Hattemer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've finally hooked up an external hdd to the D330 and installed NetBSD on
> it, works fine. I've attached another dmesg.

> Besides that there was one problem with the HP TTY (the back reads "HP
> 700/96") I used as console, which seems to be a dumb terminal. But perhaps
> it's only misconfigured.

No, a 700/96 is a smart terminal, it simply is a 700/96 terminal. They
aren't the least bit compatable with ANSI or vt100 codes. Unless sysinst
can have its term type set, I'd recommend either hooking the serial line
to another machine or finding a vt100-compatable terminal to use.

Hope this helps.
David

--
David W. Rankin, Jr.     Christian, Husband, Father, and UNIX Sysadmin.
   ".... As for me and my household, we will serve the LORD." Joshua 24:15