Subject: Re: HP 9000 Model D330 working?
To: Jochen Kunz <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
From: Christian Hattemer <c.hattemer@arcor.de>
List: port-hp700
Date: 06/03/2005 13:14:14
Hello Jochen,

On 31.05.05, you wrote:

> There is a
> narrow single ended SCSI bus in the machine also, used for CDROM and /
> or tapes. You can connect the helper disk to this bus and install on
> the HVD disks.

It turned out it wasn't so easy to install the extra disk.

There is an empty slot below the CD drive and there even were the cables
visible at the end of the slot, but I couldn't reach them to connect the
disk. Opening the rear of the mounting rack didn't help much either.

I saw some handbooks mentioning the "Periperal Upgrade Instructions", but
that book wasn't among the loads of books there... Could somebody summarize
the procedure? (HP 9000 D330)

Using the external SCSI connector at the back would be easier, but I didn't
have a suitable cable either...

BTW: I heard that there would be loads of other HP stuff in the cellar that
is probably going to be ditched sometime. I have remarked that there might
be persons interested in the stuff. Nothing is decided yet, but
negotiations could be started to look at the stuff and see what's useful.
Location: Darmstadt, Germany.

Bye, Chris