Subject: Re: booting from HD, X server for 712 (King Gecko)?
To: None <port-hp700@netbsd.org>
From: Jochen Kunz <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
List: port-hp700
Date: 05/30/2005 21:39:47
On Mon, 30 May 2005 14:49:29 +0200
Timo Schoeler <timo.schoeler@macfinity.net> wrote:

> hm, i do have a SS20MP here as my NetBSD/sparc -current tracker, but
> it's not quiet. i had a TurboSPARC SS5 before that and this was as
> loud as my SS20.
The SS5-170 (the TurboSPARC) variant is louder then the MicroSPARC II
based SS4 / SS5 as the later don't need a CPU fan. Unfortunately they
are considerably slower too.

> (tho not as much as an Indigo2 with MaxImpact -- that's my number
> one on heat dissipation ;).
Heh. Wait until you get an Octane. My Octane blowes 350 W into the air.
(300 MHz R12k, 2 GB RAM, ESSI + ESI dual head, three disks.)

Have to check the Origin and the O2 I got yesterday...
--=20

tsch=FC=DF,
       Jochen