Subject: Re: boot-from-disk workaround and install bits committed
To: None <port-hp700@netbsd.org>
From: Jochen Kunz <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
List: port-hp700
Date: 05/19/2005 22:12:04
On Wed, 18 May 2005 07:42:52 -0700
Chuck Silvers <chuq@chuq.com> wrote:

> I just checked in the hack that makes boot-from-disk work.
Unfortunately -current doesn't build at the moment.

I did the "boot from disk without xxboot" test. I simply dd(1)ed the LIF
image used for netbooting to the raw disk. When booted this way the FPU
detection does _not_ fail. I'll dig around and see if I can find
somthing.

> also, would someone be willing to do a pkgsrc bulk build?
> it would be nice to have some binary packages available.
> I think the fastest machine we support at this point is the B180L,
> does anyone else have one of those?
I have a B180L. I am on a DSL line with limited data volume per month so
sucking several GB of distfiles is a no-go. Also the B180L is my main
test machine and I am not really interrested in fighting with pkgsrc.
So I would prefere if someone else could step in.
--=20

tsch=FC=DF,
       Jochen