Subject: Re: NetBSD/hp700 on B/C-class machines?
To: Tobias Nygren <tnn@netilium.org>
From: Jochen Kunz <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
List: port-hp700
Date: 05/10/2005 17:11:26
On Tue, 10 May 2005 02:29:34 +0200
Tobias Nygren <tnn@netilium.org> wrote:

> The Astro/Elroy chipset docs are available, is anyone looking into
> those? Are there other things beside the Astro/Elroy support that need
> to be done in order to get NetBSD running in 32-bit mode on B/C-class
> boxes?
Support for Astro/Elroy is only a part of the game, the smaller and
simpler part. The more important part is support for PA 2.0 CPUs. This
is not trivial as it involves extensions to the uvm(9) / pmap(9) code
and possibly to the firmware interface.=20

Once we have PA 2.0 support in 32 bit mode we will be able to support
e.g. the C1[68]0 / C2[04]0 / C360 and D.[789]0 verry soon. This machines
have an IO system very similar to the PA7[123]00 machines.

I already have a B2000 to work on. Unfortunately I am clueless in the
uvm(9) / pmap(9) department and have no time to dig into this. So I have
to leave this to someone else.
--=20

tsch=FC=DF,
       Jochen