Subject: Re: booting from disk
To: None <port-hp700@netbsd.org>
From: Jochen Kunz <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
List: port-hp700
Date: 05/09/2005 17:15:59
On Sun, 8 May 2005 11:13:34 -0700
Chuck Silvers <chuq@chuq.com> wrote:

> > Did you try to netboot a kernel with "-a" and then continue to boot
> > from disk? I think I tried this some time ago and still got the same
> > problems like when booted from disk. But I may be wrong.
> that works fine on the B180.
OK. I cvsed new source and started a build. I'll see if I can contribute
to solve this. I'll also try to borrow some PCI disk adapters and sound
cards from work to chek if they work.

> > > if no one has any suggestions then I'll just check in the above
> > > hack for now.
> > I had a look at http://www.openpa.net/cpu.html
> > The only CPU without integrated FPU is the PA7000. This CPU is not
> > supported at the moment anyway. So it is save to asume the presence
> > of a FPU on any machine NetBSD supports at the moment.
> yea, but I'd rather fix the PDC_COPROC problem if anyone can see how.
Sure. I wanted to say that it is save to use the hack for now until the
real problem is solved.=20
--=20

tsch=FC=DF,
       Jochen