Subject: Re: booting from disk
To: None <port-hp700@netbsd.org>
From: Jochen Kunz <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
List: port-hp700
Date: 05/08/2005 18:23:13
On Sun, 8 May 2005 06:39:18 -0700
Chuck Silvers <chuq@chuq.com> wrote:

> it seems likely that something in the xxboot code is causing this,
> because that's the only thing that's different from the netboot case.=20
> I looked at the xxboot sources but I don't see anything that looks
> relevant.  does anyone have any ideas?
Did you try to netboot a kernel with "-a" and then continue to boot from
disk? I think I tried this some time ago and still got the same problems
like when booted from disk. But I may be wrong.

> if no one has any suggestions then I'll just check in the above hack
> for now.
I had a look at http://www.openpa.net/cpu.html
The only CPU without integrated FPU is the PA7000. This CPU is not
supported at the moment anyway. So it is save to asume the presence
of a FPU on any machine NetBSD supports at the moment.
--=20

tsch=FC=DF,
       Jochen