Subject: Re: port status update
To: None <port-hp700@netbsd.org>
From: Jochen Kunz <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
List: port-hp700
Date: 05/02/2005 10:33:23
On Sun, 1 May 2005 14:02:18 -0700
Chuck Silvers <chuq@chuq.com> wrote:

> the panic triggered by booting from disk that was there before didn't
> happen for me today,
Great news! :-)

> but I may have just been lucky. let's cross our fingers and hope it's
> gone.
We will see.

> some things still to be done include:
>=20
>  - HIL support
> 	do the MI/MD split of the hp300 HIL driver, or use openbsd's.
I had a look at this some time ago. It looks like quite some work to
make our HIL code MI. The OpenBSD code is already MI and largely
rewitten. An import was not that hard and it worked for hp700.
Unfortunately I never came around to convert hp300 to use this code.
I'll take care of this again...

>  - PCX-T (PA-7200)
> 	these machines hang as soon as virtual addressing is turned on.
I am clueless in the VM area, all I can do is testing on a C100, J200
and K100. (All single CPU.)

>  - EISA
> 	does this work already?  haven't tried it.
To be honest: Does EISA interrest? ;-)
There is code for one of the two EISA bridges found in hp700 machines.
IIRC it was the older chip found in some PA7000 machines.

> also, we'd like to get a better idea of what hardware support is
> actually working now.  could people try out whatever PCI cards
> they've got an post the results?  we'd like to get an idea of
> how many drivers need to be tweaked to work on hp700.
I tried (e)siop(4) and tlp(4) cards with success, even some quad tlp(4)
cards with a PCI-PCI bridge worked. An ahc(4) made problems when used in
PCI-IO mode, IIRC it worked when the ahc(4) driver was tweaked to use
PCI-MEM. fpa(4) did not work, but this is due to funky things fpa(4)
does with bus_dma(9). I can try to get some more cards for testing.

We also need to take care of sysinst...
--=20

tsch=FC=DF,
       Jochen