Subject: port status update
To: None <port-hp700@netbsd.org>
From: Chuck Silvers <chuq@chuq.com>
List: port-hp700
Date: 05/01/2005 14:02:18
hi folks,

I just checked in some changes that had been sitting in my tree for
many months.  with these changes, the system seems much more stable
than ever before.  I've only tested on a B180.

the biggest problem right now is that the yamt-km changes appear to
be causing some trouble with the sti driver, currently we hit a pmap
assertion due to kernel memory being mapped with pmap_kenter_pa()
instead of pmap_enter().  I'll look into this later today.

the panic triggered by booting from disk that was there before
didn't happen for me today, but I may have just been lucky.
let's cross our fingers and hope it's gone.

some things still to be done include:

 - HIL support
	do the MI/MD split of the hp300 HIL driver, or use openbsd's.
 - PCX-T (PA-7200)
	these machines hang as soon as virtual addressing is turned on.
 - EISA
	does this work already?  haven't tried it.

also, we'd like to get a better idea of what hardware support is
actually working now.  could people try out whatever PCI cards
they've got an post the results?  we'd like to get an idea of
how many drivers need to be tweaked to work on hp700.

I uploaded a -current snapshot from today in
	ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/hp700/snapshot/20050501-3.99.3/

note that the kernel in this snapshot has the sti driver problem mentioned
above, so you'll need to build your own kernel with that driver disabled.

-Chuck