Subject: Re: Trouble building -current
To: None <port-hp700@NetBSD.org>
From: Michael Wolfson <michael@nosflow.com>
List: port-hp700
Date: 11/14/2004 15:11:59
On Nov 14, 2004, at 2:54 PM, Jochen Kunz wrote:

>> That kinda makes it difficult for me to try playing with this platform
> Well. It is still an experimental port.

I know, but it's hard to experiment with it if a) I can't build it and
b) I can't boot the snapshot.  :(

> What exactely is your problem? tftp the LIF images with boot loader and
> kernel. The kernel should do a DHCP query and mount the NFS directory
> specified via DHCP.

The latter.  It never sends the DHCP request and hangs there waiting
for a response to the question it never asked.

> As said: This is an experimental port. Please don't expect that
> everything works out of the box.

Oh, I don't.  I just had high hopes of finally putting a useful OS on
this machine.

Think of it as a gentle attempt to reinvigorate work on this port.

   -- MW