Subject: Support for 800er machines?
To: None <port-hp700@netbsd.org>
From: Chris Amthor <amthor@chroam.de>
List: port-hp700
Date: 10/13/2004 17:58:06
Hi,

I have a HP9000 sitting around that is labelled E55, nothing
else. uname -a gives:

HP-UX hopper B.10.01 A 9000/856 1121904362 two-user license

According to what I found on the web and within my 20" of
documentation it most probably is a HP9000 856/E55 AKA E-Series.

Since many times these H/W is mentioned together with 700er machines,
are these any similiar? And the most important: is this machine
covered by port-hp700 of NetBSD?

Initially the system controlled a monstersize external SCSI array that
came along with the system and actually acts as my linvingroom table
;)

Any suggestions?

TIA and cheers,
\end{kryz}