Subject: Re: A180C
To: Gheorghe Ardelean <ardelean@ww.uni-erlangen.de>
From: Andy Ruhl <acruhl@gmail.com>
List: port-hp700
Date: 07/06/2004 10:06:46
On Sat, 3 Jul 2004 13:55:39 -0700, Andy Ruhl <acruhl@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 3 Jul 2004 06:53:56 -0700, Andy Ruhl <acruhl@gmail.com> wrote:

Changed jumpers, still didn't get the serial port working to make a
serial console from the NetBSD/sparc64 machine. So it's connected to a
grimdows machine now.

Ok. I put in another disk, which appears to be largely the same as
what is in there (other than manufacturer), LVD scsi, 9 gig, even set
the same scsi ID, and the OpenBSD install kernel doesn't like it. It's
a Fujitsu disk, and the original one is an HP rebranded Seagate disk.
But I can't touch that one because it has HP-UX on it. Oh well, maybe
NetBSD will like it the Fujitsu?

And that's where I continue. Time to try to boot a NetBSD kernel I
think. Then I could install on the local disk (if it recognizes it).
If not, I suppose I could netboot it, but that would require getting a
kernel built that wants to netboot... Was thinking of trying the same
thing with OpenBSD but again, I need to get a kernel that wants to
netboot...

Just a progress update. Any kernels anyone wants me to boot, I can
probably do it.

Andy