Subject: Re: A180C
To: Andy Ruhl <acruhl@gmail.com>
From: Jochen Kunz <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
List: port-hp700
Date: 06/24/2004 11:03:36
On Wed, Jun 23, 2004 at 04:03:29PM -0700, Andy Ruhl wrote:

> > Give me your A180C and I will boot NetBSD on it. ;-)
> I'm not at liberty to give it away,
I thought that, but that is no problem.

> but if I can get a kernel booted
> on it sometime I may be able to get you access.
Once the PCI code works it may be nice if you boot a kernel and send me
a log of the boot messages.

> I thought there might be some way to netboot it, but I'm not sure how
> the firmware deals with that. I'll have to read up on it.
It is quite simple. Interrupt the boot process so that you get to the
firmware prompt and type "boot lan<RETURN>". The machine now broadcasts
a BOOTP/DHCP querry to the LAN... Once the DHCP is done it loads a
LIF kernel image via tftp and later it mounts its / via NFS. Nothing
special.
--

tschüß,
         Jochen