Subject: progress on infinite DTLB-miss
To: Nick Hudson <skrll@netbsd.org>
From: Chuck Silvers <chuq@chuq.com>
List: port-hp700
Date: 06/11/2004 07:01:22
On Thu, Jun 10, 2004 at 08:06:18AM +0100, Nick Hudson wrote:
> Any news on the infinite DTLB miss trap problem?

made more progress this morning.  the problem seems to be that sometimes
a PCB is modified after it's freed.  this corrupts the linked list of
cached free PCBs (uvm_uareas), and we end up dereferencing a NULL pointer.
a patch that works around this is at:

	ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/chs/hp700/diff.workaround

(ignore the yucky debug code)

with this applied, I can boot a SMALL kernel (with DEBUG and DIAGNOSTIC
also turned on) multi-user, login and build tcsh.
it's almost liveable now.  :-)

-Chuck