Subject: Re: PA-RISC 2.0 support
To: Jochen Kunz <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
From: Reid Orsten <rorsten@tartarus.ca>
List: port-hp700
Date: 06/09/2004 12:50:13
I finally got around to getting the cvs source and poking around.  From the
looks of it, the issues you mentioned are still open.  Most of my development
experience is in userland, and my low level experience is all on embedded
devices (just a tiny bit different from a PA-RISC ;) so getting my feet wet
is really slow going, so far.

In the __sigreturn14 thing, with a bit of reading I could do the FPU context
saving stuff (unless there's a big issue that I missed), but I don't quite
get the problem with the flag checking thing, mostly due to lack of
experience with this level of the system.  Are there any decent docs that I
could check out to fix this?

I also took a look at what TLB/PTE stuff I could find, and at my experience
level, adding 2.0 support is not something I'd do in a couple weeks,
nevermind an afternoon.

Anyway, I'll try my hand at doing wscons and fixing __sigreturn14, and
hopefully that'll be enough of a warm up for me to do something bigger.