Subject: Re: status of port-hp700?
To: Jochen Kunz <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
From: Michael Wolfson <michael@nosflow.com>
List: port-hp700
Date: 12/16/2003 10:31:11
On Dec 16, 2003, at 1:40 AM, Jochen Kunz wrote:

> We are still at singler user state. Usually it crashes earlyer or later
> when it does "real" work. Last time I checked I got a crash when I run
> simple ls(1) command on a local disk. Diskless via NFS seams to work
> better, but there are problems with the ie(4) Ethernet driver...

So, what would be involved in getting diskless working multiuser on a
few machines?  It'd be nice to get the autobuild mechanisms kicking in
and worry about the other machines and SCSI later.  This way, something
would actually work for the 2.0 release and additional support and SCSI
could easily be pulled up for 2.0.1.

Thanks!

   -- MW