Subject: Re: compiling and testing hp700
To: None <port-hp700@NetBSD.org>
From: Kirill Levchenko <kirill@lava.net>
List: port-hp700
Date: 12/01/2003 20:01:24
I've tried this again, and it may be that the problems stem from the
fact that I am doing this on a FreeBSD system.

I've managed to make boot using nbmake (Is there a way to do this from
build.sh?) Then, on to mkboot. Using the host system's make did not
work, I guess FreeBSD uses a different kind of make. Using nbmake
works, after setting the mk include directory and setting
HOST_CPPFLAGS='-nostdinc -I~/NetBSD-usr/include -I.' where
NetBSD-usr/include are the includes from a NetBSD system. But then:

hppa/byte_swap.h: In function `__byte_swap_long':
hppa/byte_swap.h:44: unknown register name `r22' in `asm'

Is there any way to compile under FreeBSD 5.1, or should I just give up?

Kirill