Subject: Re: Back at single user mode! Testers needed!
To: Matt Thomas <matt@3am-software.com>
From: Jochen Kunz <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
List: port-hp700
Date: 10/31/2003 18:30:00
On 2003.10.31 00:48 Matt Thomas wrote:

> > I got a -current userland build.
> But does it work?  Did you get ld.elf_so compiling/working?  It needed
> some help the last time I looked.  Or was this a MKPIC=no build?
As you expected: It does not work.
When the kernel tries to start init I get:
root file system type: nfs
trapsignal: uvm_fault(0xf839000, b000, 0, 1)=14
trapsignal: uvm_fault(0xf839000, b000, 0, 1)=14

I don't have time to look at userland issues too. I will stop taking
care about building a working userland right here and now. Sorry.

I have somthing prepared:
http://www.unixag-kl.fh-kl.de/~jkunz/NetBSD/hp700/etc.tgz
(151043 bytes)
http://www.unixag-kl.fh-kl.de/~jkunz/NetBSD/hp700/rescue.tgz
(1443878 bytes)
rescue.tgz contains the staticly linked files from /rescue. Extract
etc.tgz and rescue.tgz to the NFS / of your hp700 machine, copy (hard
link) /rescue/init to /sbin/init, do a "cd /dev ; ./MAKEDEV all" and you
have a minimal userland for testing kernels on your hardware. That way
you don't need to download the much biger files from the 1.6D snapshot.

(The complete release is in the hp700 directory too, if someone needs it
for testing.)
--

tschüß,
       Jochen