Subject: New device scanning code: Testing time!
To: None <port-hp700@NetBSD.org>
From: Jochen Kunz <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
List: port-hp700
Date: 10/24/2003 22:58:30
Hi.

I finished my rework of the device scanning code. I merged in some code
from OpenBSD and used some ideas from Linux[1].

If anyone wants to help test it:
http://www.unixag-kl.fh-kl.de/~jkunz/NetBSD/hp700/
This files are of interrest:
-rw-r--r--   1 jkunz    users      53240 Oct 17 13:37 boot.hp700.old.elf
Boot programm, if you want to make your own LIF image.

-rw-r--r--   1 jkunz    users     373606 Oct 24 22:25 hp700-hppa.tar.gz
Sourcecode from src/sys/arch/hppa and src/sys/arch/hp700.

-rwxr-xr-x   1 jkunz    users    1114715 Oct 24 22:27 netbsd.elf.gz
Testing kernel, ELF image. If you have OpenBSD on your machine just
un-gzip it, copy it to /netbsd, reboot and load "netbsd" with the
OpenBSD boot loader.

-rw-r--r--   1 jkunz    users    1142427 Oct 24 22:26 netbsd.lif.gz
LIF image, suitable for netbooting via DHCP/BOOTP+TFTP or rbootd.

If you load the kernel, please capture the output and send it to me.
SCSI is not configured by intention. You should get to the point where
the kernel tries DHCP/BOOTP on machines with a LASI at mainbus or LASI
at Phantomas and Phantomas at mainbus. This kernel still can't execute
any single user shell, so don't worry about a missing user land. ;-)

[1] It seams that the Linux/PA-RISC device scanning code was written
by HP employees with the HP-UX source in mind. Therefore I think it is
a good idea to use two different scanning algorithems depending on the
system type.
--

tschüß,
       Jochen