Subject: Re: Success: kernel compile
To: Jochen Kunz <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
From: Chuck Silvers <chuq@chuq.com>
List: port-hp700
Date: 10/10/2003 10:16:50
On Fri, Oct 10, 2003 at 06:58:18PM +0200, Jochen Kunz wrote:
> On 2003.10.10 17:11 Chuck Silvers wrote:
>
> > the openbsd guys have written some lasi code recently.
> > one of the many things to pull over.
> First I want to get a single user shell. Then I will extend hardware
> support (a HP9k C240 is on the way to me. It should be usable in 32 bit
> mode.)
>
> > I've been netbooting with the netbsd version of the boot loader.
> > seems to work fine, although I think GENERIC is now too large.
> > I had to remove a bunch of options to get it to boot this morning.
> Where did you get the boot loader? I am on the way to build one, but it
> is broken. I fixed a include bug already, more to come soon.

hmm, I seem to be using a binary that I have lying around.
not sure where it came from, maybe from fredette's last snapshot?
I put a copy at ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/chs/hp700/BOOT.

to make a netbootable LIF image, cd to arch/hp700/stand/mkboot and do

	make && ./mkboot BOOT ../compile/GENERIC/netbsd netbsd.lif

I've been working with a 735 (which uses rbootd), I imagine the same image
will work with a newer model that uses BOOTP/DHCP.

-Chuck