Subject: Re: Success: kernel compile
To: Jochen Kunz <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
From: Chuck Silvers <chuq@chuq.com>
List: port-hp700
Date: 10/10/2003 08:11:40
On Fri, Oct 10, 2003 at 01:36:07PM +0200, Jochen Kunz wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 09, 2003 at 07:18:28PM -0700, Chuck Silvers wrote:
>
> > cool.  this is the problem with the patricia-tree code that I mentioned
> > before. if you turn off USE_PTREE in kern_ksyms.c, you'll get further.
> Well. It seams that this machine needs some hardware support too.
> Maybe it is as simple as a LASI attachment.

the openbsd guys have written some lasi code recently.
one of the many things to pull over.

> > or you could just debug it.  :-)
> I'll see what I can do.
>
> First I have to get a bootloader. Booting OpenBSD, copying the kernel,
> rebooting, ... is a bit complicated.

I've been netbooting with the netbsd version of the boot loader.
seems to work fine, although I think GENERIC is now too large.
I had to remove a bunch of options to get it to boot this morning.

> > if you send me your changes so far, I'll check them in.
> > (or I'm sure matt would be happy to do the same.)
> http://www.unixag-kl.fh-kl.de/~jkunz/NetBSD/hp700/kernel_S-files.tar.gz
> This is no patch, just the *.S files tar-ed up from inside src/sys.

ok, they're checked in.  I tweaked the tabbing in a few places to make
things line up again.

-Chuck