Subject: Re: HPPA toolchain.
To: None <port-hp700@netbsd.org>
From: Matt Thomas <matt@3am-software.com>
List: port-hp700
Date: 10/06/2003 09:09:27
On Thursday, October 2, 2003, at 12:45 PM, Matt Thomas wrote:

> I now have a working toolchain based on binutils-current and
> gcc-current (3.4).  It uses the Linux ABI and assembly
> conventions.  The good news is that it should be relatively
> simple to backport the changes to GCC 3.3.1.

There is now a [mostly] working in-tree toolchain for HPPA.
I applied my binutils and gcc changes to the in-tree binutils
and gcc3 sources.  The only problem is that a few program cause
ld to either die an assertion or segfault.

The libc assembly source have been moved to the new assembler
conventions.  However, ld.elf_so needs a lot of help since it's
been extensively reworked since there was a working toolchain.
(hppa needs it's own version of _rtld_bind added to hppa_reloc.c)

I haven't tried to build a kernel but I would expect that
libkern's .S files as well as hppa's need to be updated.
--
Matt Thomas                     email: matt@3am-software.com
3am Software Foundry              www: http://3am-software.com/bio/matt/