Subject: Re: power supply standard question
To: on on <665544@wp.pl>
From: None <dlorin@univ-rennes1.fr>
List: port-hp700
Date: 06/24/2002 16:20:51
You're right to be anxious your 710 to revive.
The 7xx are nice workstations...

1/ For the power supply, you have first to consult the HP-HCL in pdf format (9MB!):
See http://ftp.parisc-linux.org/docs/980723.pdf, to extend your research.
It is preferable to acquire a standard model. If you can't, I think too a power
supply type AT or ATX is possible (with any adaptations of connectors - Be careful
to the Graphics Card as well). I could help you about it, if my box were
open actually. May be, some other time.

2/ About the keyboard: It is a HIL-keyboard (much easier to find out on the World
Market). Don't forget the HIL-mouse connected on it.
The keyboard isn't essential to boot, if you have LAN or a serial connection.
Except, the configuration will be more acrobatic.
For instance: a PS/2 keyboard, via a RS232-adapter, could be added, but have to be
pre-configured.
bye
d lorin