Subject: Re: my find... (and a plea for advice)
To: Ted Love <ted@tedlove.com>
From: Michael Wolfson <michael@nosflow.com>
List: port-hp700
Date: 06/21/2002 09:01:57
At 11:12 AM -0400 6/21/02, you wrote:

:)The other day, I stumbled on to an HP 745 machine.  Figuring I could
:)do "something" with it, and having the urge to dive into playing with a RISC
:)box(and another linux machine), I stumbled on to your community here.
:)The box itself is the prod # A2638B (if that means anything to anyone)
:)I found the pdf manual for the 700i series on hp.com, and deduced that it is
:)the 745.  Here's the sticky part:
:)1. I conected the vga connector to several different monitors and booted the
:)machine - no display.

Most likely 1280x1024 at 72 Hz.  Can your monitor do that resolution?

Nifty machine.  See http://ftp.parisc-linux.org/docs/980723.pdf

Good luck,
  -- MW