Subject: Re: problems booting HP 9000/715
To: Brian A. Seklecki <lavalamp@spiritual-machines.org>
From: Gleb Smirnoff <glebius@cell.sick.ru>
List: port-hp700
Date: 06/10/2002 19:22:52
On Sun, Jun 09, 2002 at 01:31:56AM -0400, Brian A. Seklecki wrote:
B> Good evening (morning for you).  I would say, at least for the time being,
B> run the machine w/ as little RAM as possible.  There was an earlier post
B> about panics trying to 'map i/o space' and running w/ 32 v.s. 96 meg
B> helped.  I an into the same problem and yoinking some simms helped.

Hmm. Removed lots of RAM, now I've got 32.
But the problem is that HP does not boot from network.
here is the console output:

Firmware Version  1.2

Duplex Console IO Dependent Code (IODC) revision 0

   (c) Copyright 1990-1996, Hewlett-Packard Company, All rights reserved

  Processor   Speed            State           CoProcessor State  Cache Size
  ---------  --------   ---------------------  -----------------  ----------

      0      120  Mhz   Active                 Functional          256 KB

  Central Bus Speed (in mhz)  :        120
  Available Memory (bytes)    :   33554432
  Good Memory Required (bytes):   23252992

   Primary boot path:    core.LAN.0.0.0.0.0.0
   Alternate boot path:  core.SCSI.6.0
   Console path:         core.SERIAL_1.9600.8.none
   Keyboard path:        core.PS2

CPU 0
  WARNING:  Memory has been initialized, but not tested as a result of
            FASTBOOT being enabled.  To test memory, disable FASTBOOT
            and reboot system
  WARNING:  Memory SIMMs not in specified sequence.  Thermal damage can
            result.  Refer to memory configuration label.  BOOT COMMAND
            DISABLED.

WARNING: Stop boot flag set - system cannot boot

------- Main Menu -------------------------------------------------------------

        Command                         Description
        -------                         -----------

        BOot [PRI|ALT|<path>]           Boot from specified path
        PAth [PRI|ALT|CON|KEY] [<path>] Display or modify a path
        SEArch [DIsplay|IPL] [<path>]   Search for boot devices

        COnfiguration menu              Displays or sets boot values
        INformation menu                Displays hardware information
        SERvice menu                    Displays service commands

        DIsplay                         Redisplay the current menu
        HElp [<menu>|<command>]         Display help for menu or command
        RESET                           Restart the system
-------
Main Menu: Enter command or menu > BO LAN
Interact with IPL (Y or N)?> Y
ERROR: The stop boot flag is set - can't leave the Boot
Console Handler to attempt to boot.  Boot terminated.

Main Menu: Enter command or menu >

--
Totus tuus, Glebius.
GLEBIUS-RIPN GLEB-RIPE