Subject: Re: toolchain
To: Matt Fredette <fredette@theory.lcs.mit.edu>
From: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-hp700
Date: 06/05/2002 08:59:02
On Wed, Jun 05, 2002 at 11:31:41AM -0400, Matt Fredette wrote:

 > elf32-hppa.  You're right, my binutils diffs (attached) are shorter than
 > I thought they were.  I did have to do some work on ld/scripttempl/hppaelf.sc.
 > The .note section thing is one thing I know is a bad hack, and there are
 > probably others.

What problem were you trying to solve?

If you look at binutils-current and 2.12, what I did there was basically
inherit the hppalinux emul params, and then set the OUTPUT_FORMAT to
elf32-hppa.

Can you please try binutils 2.12 or -current and let me know how it goes?
I do need to make the change to gas to allow labels to not have a : after
them, it looks like... but other than that, it "should work" (because it's
nearly identical to the hppa-linux configuration, which is known to work).

(I can't really try the toolchain out myself until you commit the hp700
bits, because I need the headers to build the compiler.)