Subject: toolchain
To: None <port-hp700@netbsd.org>
From: Matt Fredette <fredette@theory.lcs.mit.edu>
List: port-hp700
Date: 06/05/2002 10:07:49
I have finally started to commit hp700 support.  It'll take a while to
get everything in, but in the meantime, here's an i386 binary package
of the toolchain and toolchain sources I used to create the last snapshot:

ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/hp700/cross/cross-hppa-netbsdelf-1.0.0.0.tgz
ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/hp700/cross/cross-hppa-netbsdelf-1.0.0.0-sources.tar.bz2

These are already on some FTP mirrors, too.

The source tarball is a mess.  It's a `cvs export' of two of my local
repositories.  One repository has gcc and gdb from the parisc-linux
anoncvs, checked out 2001-10-05, and the other has NetBSD's
gnusrc/gnu/dist/toolchain, checked out 2001-10-04.  Both have mods
by me for hppa--netbsdelf.  While it is possible to arrange everything
into a tree that builds, it's hairy.  Maybe only a good source of diffs
back to gcc-current, binutils-current?

I've only ever used this cross-toolchain to make statically linked
binaries.  I would be surprised if it could make dynamic libraries
and executables.

Matt

--
Matt Fredette