Subject: Re: sneak preview: hp700
To: Matt Fredette <fredette@theory.lcs.mit.edu>
From: Eric Schnoebelen <eric@cirr.com>
List: port-hp700
Date: 02/01/2002 15:35:37
Matt Fredette writes:
- Hi!  At the end of September I got an HP 9000/715, and I grabbed
- all of the OpenBSD/hppa code and started working on it.  Michael
- Shalayeff, the OpenBSD/hppa port maintainer, has a very good
- foundation of code, which has saved me months of time.  Now, after
- a lot of coding myself I'm into single-user mode.

	Congratulations!

- This is really just a sneak preview - this entire effort is still
- in its earliest stages.  The system is not stable.  Many questions
- that you may have, I may not be able to answer (I'm no expert on
- the architecture - but I am learning more every day.)  I don't have
- anything that can be downloaded and generally used yet, on the 715
- or any other machine.

	Any patches to share?  (says the last guy to attempt
this project! :-) I'd really like to try making it work on my
715/33, 720, and 735/120, if possible (and then my C160 a bit
later.. :-)

	If nothing else, I can offer others access to the farm
of machines here..

--
Eric Schnoebelen		eric@cirr.com		http://www.cirr.com
	An expert is somebody who is more than 50 miles from home,