Subject: Re: sneak preview: hp700
To: Matt Fredette <fredette@theory.lcs.mit.edu>
From: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-hp700
Date: 02/01/2002 09:42:14
On Fri, Feb 01, 2002 at 12:31:57PM -0500, Matt Fredette wrote:

 > While I am using a NetBSD gnusrc/gnu/dist/toolchain from a month or so
 > ago (plus local mods), I am just doing very crude static-only linking.
 > Dunno if the bits are worthy of giving to the binutils folks yet.

Binutils-current has pretty much complete Elf32-hppa and Elf64-hppa
support in it, I think (I should double-check).  Assuming you're not
using a different linker script (e.g. different entry point name,
other minor tweaks) from the default one, this is usually just a matter
of adding the configuration names.

 > On a related note, I'm using a gcc 3 I picked up from the Linux PA-RISC
 > anoncvs.  Dunno how it compares to the "official" gcc-current or 3 series.
 > I wasn't confident that 2.95 was going to get the job done.

I'll see what gcc-current looks like in this regard.