Subject: Re: sneak preview: hp700
To: None <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
From: Matt Fredette <fredette@theory.lcs.mit.edu>
List: port-hp700
Date: 02/01/2002 12:31:57
> Matt, this totally rocks.

Thanks.  And thanks again to the OpenBSD effort - without it we'd have
zero.

> Might I suggest something, however? :-)
>
> Can you split the PA-RISC generic code into sys/arch/hppa and leave the
> hp700-specific code in sys/arch/hp700?  This might make it easier to
> support PA-RISC machines that are not hp700-like in the future.

OK, I'll start working on identifying the bits to move.  I didn't
know there were PA-RISC machines outside of the hp700 (speaking broadly)
series.

> (I suppose I should try and get an hppa-netbsd ELF target into binutils
> before 2.12 ships :-)

While I am using a NetBSD gnusrc/gnu/dist/toolchain from a month or so
ago (plus local mods), I am just doing very crude static-only linking.
Dunno if the bits are worthy of giving to the binutils folks yet.

On a related note, I'm using a gcc 3 I picked up from the Linux PA-RISC
anoncvs.  Dunno how it compares to the "official" gcc-current or 3 series.
I wasn't confident that 2.95 was going to get the job done.

Matt

--
Matt Fredette