Subject: Re: Anything working at all on hp700?
To: None <kjetil@thomassen.priv.no>
From: Eric Schnoebelen <eric@cirr.com>
List: port-hp700
Date: 11/26/2000 18:41:42
"Kjetil B. Thomassen" writes:
- What I would like to know is if there is anything I can do to get some
- progress on this port.

	Conjour a large chunk of time??

- I have NetBSD/sparc 1.4, NetBSD/i386 1.4.1, NetBSD/arm32 1.5_BETA2, ISDN
- router on my LAN and ISDN dialup, lots of disk, lots of other HP 900/700
- and 800 computers at work running HP-UX 10.20, and one of the 800 ones
- soon running HP-UX 11, some time that I would like to spend on this.
-
- What I don't have is the necessary hardware knowledge or knowledge on
- kernel programming, but I can learn.
-
- It would be very good if we could at least get something working so that
- we are able to progress. I'd love to see NetBSD/hp700 working on my 712
- bringing the number of NetBSD ports I have at home from 4 to 5 (arm26 will
- soon be up and running as the 4th).

	I worked up a cross-netbsd-hppa cross compiler set
earlier this year, but haven't been able to do much since then.
Hopefully, this holiday season will allow some time for me to
work further..

	I've decided my next task will be working on the boot
loader, to figure out how to work with HP's PDC/IODC.

	Other interesting tasks:
		+ port libc
		+ update the cross compile set to work on HP-UX

- I am sorry if I have wasted your time and bandwidth, but the port-hp700
- page has been saying that something is coming up soon too long.

	Yup, it has..  Hopefully, that will change soon..

--
Eric Schnoebelen		eric@cirr.com		http://www.cirr.com
    A new supply of round tuits has arrived and are available from the